Thursday, October 29, 2009

So There I was...

It's the beginning of a lot of stories. Some true, some not. But all meant to top the story before, or of the day.

I sometimes think that's the new journalism. It is so because we said it was so, not because it is so. I read a headline yesterday that went something like "Federal agents shoot and kill Muslim leader during raid". Now if that was all I read, I would think "Gee those guys must have really been mad at him." Ruby ridge and Waco and all that.

So I read the sub headline.
Seems they were conducting a raid at some warehouse. Now I see churches in strip malls and old Safeway stores, so that didn't strike me as odd in and of itself. I read a little further... blah,blah, location Detroit, guys was an Imam and he's still dead.

OK that really says nothing about what the hell was going on to cause that type of reaction from supposedly trained federal cops. Of course I have been around some that I really wondered about but that's another story. paragraph 2 the imam was shooting at the agents Now there's a Homer Simpson moment! Why wasn't that in the headline? Something like "Guy shooting at cops who shoot back got killed" doesn't sell? Would to the guys around him. Bet they didn't shoot back after seeing the outcome of their buddy shooting at cops. People of all religions, races,economic standing, and sexual orientation understand -out numbered, outgunned, and I want to live. 11 surrendered, 1 did not. 11 are alive 1 is not. Cops 1, bad guy 0.

The point is the head line is not always the whole truth because the whole truth is not as sexy.
WHATS IN YOUR DRINKING WATER!!! Details at 11. Come to find out it the same stuff as always, some of this some of that, and if you pay attention, you discover how many millions of gallons you have to drink before it means anything. If we scare you, you will watch, you will read, and we will control your mind...Or maybe you will live long and prosper drinking tap water.

SNL said it best about the whole balloon boy thing when they announced on weekend update- a boy in Fort Collins hid in a box for several hours...
HMMPH, not so sexy, but that was the real story.(Yeah yeah Dad's a little whacked and some judge is going to smack him around for it.) SO hey it's illegal to profit from crime in Colorado, but if mom confesses and turns on dad, we can work a deal where mom doesn't get convicted, and we get to keep the money from the appearances and deals dad's working on.(Whoops I've discovered their evil plan!)

Hey if you want to divert attention from what you just got caught at; do a Sharpton/Jackson. I am not to blame, The system did it, it's because I am (Insert favorite cause celeb here) I am exploited. Always try to be the victim, not the suspect. If you hit the right cause at the right moment, maybe Jessie will run with it...

And remember kiddies:
The fall festival candy hand out is this weekend.
(don't want to scare anyone with themes of the undead commemoration day)

No comments:

Post a Comment