Thursday, October 29, 2009

What’s my Party?

If checking a box on a form cements your destiny and brands you a certain ilk, then I have evolved from none of the above, to Independent, to Unaffiliated, to Republican, to Libertarian. Or in non political terms from do not care, to do not know, from my way or the highway, to let me live as I am, not as you will have me. The military made me rebellious. Being a Police officer made me righteous. Serving overseas turned me nationalist. So now I am a rebellious, righteously nationalist, lover of liberty.

If a political party exists for that, I am IN! On the other hand, I could just make my own party. I will call it the Just Americans party.
HERE IS OUR CHARTER:
We are not afraid to be, well, just Americans.
No apologies, no excuses, no fear of being called American, we are Americans.
We live to live.
We love to love.
There is nothing wrong with having an opinion about anything. However, certain aspects of life as of this writing have cropped up and this is our party stance:
We believe whatever we want to. If crackers go in soup, then a spade is a shovel. If not, that’s your opinion. It is only bad if you insist through application of some force that I see things your way, and not my way.
If you are gay or lesbian, we do not care. That is your business, not ours as a collective. Wanna get married? Then follow the definition of marriage as it was written. Wanna share everything with anyone and lose half at the end? Then lets call that a contract or something else. All the same benefits, all the same outcome. But quit trying to call a Rose a Gladiola. Both Flowers, both pretty, but DIFFERENT! Nuff said.
We decide what happens in and to ourselves, not you! WE decide.
We pay our own way and we do our own thing, and if we only burden ourselves, it is still none of your business.
We support a government based on our historical documents, and we have problems with the convoluted mess we have as of this writing. If we are paying your salary and you are failing us, you should be held accountable. If you cannot convince your own group of a path then pick a different path. We believe in paying our fair share to support Government as long as everybody does. And we mean everybody pays the same. Like the Fair Tax.
If you dress nice and look good and we admire you-be happy about it! We call em like we see em. Being honest is politically correct in our eyes.
We believe in liberty, we cherish freedom, we will help anyone who asks our help to achieve it. We will help you help yourself, because it the right thing to do.
If you harm us we will hunt you, our ire and our wrath will extend to those who would offer you shelter. We fight because YOU pissed US off, and it is our right. We accept the consequences of our actions, but before you assign blame for a problem, make sure you are not part of that problem.
OUT.

1 comment: